5 cheap car parts that you should replace every year
Every car has to go through a certain amount of wear and tear. That’s just the way it works with the constant motion, bumps, and scraping that cars experience on a regular basis. A great way to save money on car repairs is to replace these parts every year – from your engine to your wiper blades and even your windshield wipers!
What makes a car last?
One of the most important things you can do to ensure your car lasts as long as possible is to keep it maintained. Car parts can wear down over time, which can lead to problems with the car. Here are a few of the most common car parts that you should replace every year:
Brakes: Brakes are one of the most important components in a car. They help to stop the car quickly and safely. It is important to replace brakes every year to ensure they work properly and are able to stop the car quickly in an emergency.
Oil: Oil is a vital part of a car’s engine. It helps to lubricate the moving parts and keep them running smoothly. It is important to replace oil every 3,000 miles or every three months, whichever comes first.
Tires: Tires are one of the most important parts of a car. They provide traction on the road and allow the car to move forward. It is important to replace tires every five years or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.
What are the cheapest car parts to replace every year?
One of the best ways to keep your car running smoothly is to replace inexpensive car parts every year. This will help to prevent common problems, such as leaks and failed components. Here are some of the cheapest car parts that you should replace every year:
1. Oil filters: A good oil filter can save you hundreds of dollars over the course of a vehicle’s lifetime. Replace your oil filter every 3,000 miles.
2. Spark plugs: Spark plugs are one of the most commonly replaced components on car engines. Replace them every 12,000 miles or every 3 years, whichever comes first.
3. Air filters: Air filters play an important role in keeping your car clean and healthy. Replace them every 6 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.
4. Brakes: Brakes are another essential part of a car’s performance. Replace them every 2 years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first.
5. Tires: Tires play an important role in keeping your car on the road. Replace them every 5 years or 80,000 miles, whichever comes first.
How can I tell if I need to replace a specific car part?
It can be difficult to know when you should replace a car part, because it depends on the condition of the part and how often you use it. However, there are some general guidelines that you can follow.
If the part fails unexpectedly or starts to show signs of wear, it is likely time to replace it. Parts that are exposed to extreme heat or cold are also more likely to fail over time. These parts include the brakes, engine, and cooling system.
If you have regular maintenance done on your car, your mechanic should be able to tell you when a specific car part needs to be replaced. In most cases, they will also offer a discounted price for replacing the part before it becomes too damaged.
Recommendations for what you should replace every year
When it comes to car parts, it is important to replace them every year in order to keep your car running smoothly. Here are some of the most common parts that you should replace each year:
1. Brakes: The brake pads on your car need to be replaced every year in order to ensure that your car stops quickly in the event of a collision.
2. Tires: Your tires need to be replaced every two years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. This is because they wear down over time and can become unsafe.
3. Windshield Wipers: Extreme temperatures can break down the material of your windshield wipers, making them ineffective and possibly leading to dangerous conditions should they not provide the proper clearing of your windshield to see clearly.
4. Oil Filters and Fluids: Maintaining your vehicles fluid system is essential to keeping your car running smoothly and for longer life of your engine and systems.
Call Express Auto in Irving, TX for your part replacement needs!
If you’re like most drivers, you know that it’s important to keep your car running as best as possible. But with all the expensive parts that your vehicle depends on, it’s easy to forget about some of the more basic ones. These basic maintenance tasks are not very difficult to achieve, don’t take a lot of your time, and can help you save money on expensive maintenance problems in the future.
Our shop proudly serves Irving, Texas and the surrounding areas. As suggested by our name, we specialize in Tires, Auto Repair, and Oil Changes. Our capable staff can perform service replacements and auto inspections with ease and have your car back on the road in no time. Due to our specialization in auto repair, we are able to provide quality work for an affordable price.
At Express Auto & Tires, we know that our customers are concerned about transparency and affordability. We ensure our customer’s satisfaction by only hiring skilled mechanics who are personable and responsible. Before completing any work, we’ll provide you with a diagnostic and a quote to make sure we can meet your budget. We’ll also take the time to explain the technical details in a way you can understand. Then, we’ll take the time and care to repair your vehicle, ensuring that it’s in optimal conditions when we turn it back over to you.
For excellence in all auto repairs, call us at 972-636-4903 or message Express Auto & Tires. Our team of professional staff look forward to serving you and helping you maintain your vehicle to keep you on the road safely! Call us today!