Tips and Tricks for the Summer – Tune Up Your Cold Air Now
Summer can be a fun time of the year, but when it comes to summertime activities, it’s important to make sure your vehicle is in good shape. While your car A/C might be a little difficult to work on yourself, you can always call on an auto AC service company to get the job done right!
What is auto cold air?
Auto cold air or “AC” is the system that keeps your car and home cooled when it’s hot outside. Before you start your car in the summer, make sure to tune up your AC! Here are a few tips to help:
– Check the air filters. Dirty filters can cause your AC to work harder to cool down your vehicle, which can lead to more wear and tear on the system. Replace them every six months in warm weather, every month in cold weather.
– Make sure the fan is working. If the fan isn’t turning, it could be because of a clog in the filter or motor. Clean out any obstructions with a vacuum cleaner and electrician’s snake.
– Check for leaks. A small leak can cause your AC to work harder than it needs to, costing you money in the long run. Check all HVAC ducts and seams for leaks using a flashlight and a plunger or caulk gun.
Why tune-up your auto A/C now?
Summertime is the perfect time to tune up your auto A/C unit. Here are a few reasons why:
1. Increased temperatures can cause your auto A/C to work harder to keep you cool, so it’s important to keep it in good working order.
2. Climate change is making summers hotter and drier, which means your A/C will work even harder to keep you cool.
3. There are often pests or insects in the summer that can cause your A/C unit to malfunction, so it’s important to take care of it now.
4. Finally, if you’ve had your auto A/C unit professionally installed, it may be time for a tune-up to ensure that it’s operating at its best.
How to diagnose the problem
1. Check the airflow meter. This can be located near the air filter. If the airflow is low, the filter may need to be replaced.
2. Check for clogged or dirty air filters. Cleaning them regularly can help improve airflow.
3. Check your cooling system for leaks and damages. Repairing these can help improve cooling performance.
What parts are likely to go bad
Cold air intake, air filter, hoses, clamps, and connectors are all likely to go bad in the summer. Check them now and tune-up as necessary.
How to fix a broken car A/C
When the mercury starts to rise, most of us reach for the A/C. But if your car doesn’t cool down as quickly as it used to, there’s a good chance your A/C is broken. Here are some tips and tricks for fixing car A/C problems in the summer:
– Check the air filter. Dirty air filters can cause your A/C to run at a lower level, which can lead to overheating and failure. Replace the filter every month or when it starts to look dirty.
– Check the hoses. If one or more of the hoses is leaking, air won’t be able to reach the compressor and the system will stop working. Repair any leaks promptly.
– Check for obstructions in the exhaust system. If something is blocking the flow of air from your engine to your A/C unit, it will cause trouble cooling down your vehicle. Clear any debris from the exhaust pipe before starting your car so you get maximum airflow into your car’s system.
– Test your A/C unit. Before calling a mechanic, try turning on your A/C using a portable AC unit to see if it works
Maintenance tips and tricks
In the summertime, air conditioning can be a big expense. Here are some tips and tricks to help keep your AC running efficiently:
-Check the filters. Make sure the filters are clean and replace them when necessary. Dirty filters reduce airflow and can cause your AC to work harder to cool down your home.
-Clean the vents. Dust, leaves, and other debris can build up on the vents and restrict airflow. Use a vacuum cleaner with a crevice attachment to clean them regularly.
-Check the seals. Make sure all of the seals around your AC unit are intact and properly sealed to ensure proper cooling. If you notice any gaps or leaks, have them fixed as soon as possible.
More A/C Tips!
Summer is here, and with it comes the scorching heat and humidity. If you’re like most people, your air conditioning units are going to be working hard to keep you cool and comfortable. Here are a few tips and tricks to help make sure your air conditioning is performing at its best this summer:
1. Tune up your filters. Air filters play an important role in cooling your car, so it’s important to keep them clean and in good condition. Check the filter media and replace any that are dirty or worn out.
2. Keep the windows closed during intense heat waves. Open windows allow hot air from the outside to enter your car, triggering your air conditioning unit to work harder to cool down the space.
3. Check for leaks. Fix the leak as soon as possible so that your air conditioner doesn’t have to work as hard to cool down your space.
Call Express Auto
At Express Auto & Tires, we know that our customers are concerned about transparency and affordability. We ensure our customer’s satisfaction by only hiring skilled mechanics who are personable and responsible. Before completing any work, we’ll provide you with a diagnostic and a quote to make sure we can meet your budget. We’ll also take the time to explain the technical details in a way you can understand. Then, we’ll take the time and care to repair your vehicle, ensuring that it’s in optimal conditions when we turn it back over to you.
For excellence in all auto repairs, call or message at 972-636-4903 Express Auto & Tires. Our staff look forward to serving you.